New version can be downloaded from NSDL website (https://www.tin-nsdl.com/etds-etcs/eTDS-download-regular.php)
Note: Text files generated from Greytip Online will be validated only with FVU 3.3 version.
Key features of File Validation Utility (FVU) version 3.3
- FVU 3.3 will be applicable for quarterly TDS/TCS statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards
- Mandatory to quote Book Identification Number - BIN (in case of regular statement) for tax deposited by book entry (transfer voucher – applicable only in case of Govt. deductors). BIN to contain details as below:
- Seven digit 24G receipt number (provided on successful acceptance of Form 24G statement at TIN central system)
- Five digit DDO serial no. (provided for each DDO transaction in Form 24G statement)
- Date of deposit of Tax
- Correction file prepared to contain the “Hash value” as per the consolidated file, used for preparation of correction statement.
- Mandatory to import consolidated file for validating correction statement.
- For tax deducted at higher rate, if deductee PAN is valid, update allowed on all the fields of the deductee record except, higher deduction flag (flag “C”) mentioned against the corresponding deductee record.
- FVU 3.3 will be mandatory with effect from February 01, 2012.
- Files validated with FVU 3.2 and 3.3 will be allowed up to January 31, 2012.