Team Greytip is pleased to inform that EPFO has initiated the exercise of Universal Account Number (UAN) allotment to the PF Members (Employees) and KYC seeding against UAN. The objective is to further ease out the process of transfer of Employee PF Accounts when employees switch employment.
The following are the processes involved and the duties of employees and employers:
Duties of Employer
- Take this up on priority. Member must exist in the Electronic Challan-cum-Return (ECR) w.e.f. Jan 2014 onward.
- Send UAN to employees.
- Gather KYC documents from employees; preferably Bank Account number. Must have scanned copies of the KYC documents to be uploaded.
- Update it on employer’s OTCP portal.
- Authorize it with Digital Signature.
Duties of Employee
- Inform current employer if already having UAN or obtain UAN and Member ID from employer.
- Activate their UAN-based Member – Sewa Account where various facilities will be provided members. Activation of the registration is mandatory and requires mobile number.
- Store the UAN for any future reference.
Greytip is working toward incorporation of this feature in greytHR. We will inform you once the application is ready.