Please note a change in Profession Tax Rates in Andhra Pradesh vide G.O.Ms.No. 82 dated 04-02-2013. In this order, the First Schedule has been replaced with an amended one. Complete details are available in the attached document (PDF File)
To change the PT slabs in the application, follows the steps explained in our document portal.
The major changes when compared to the old schedule are:
· No Profession Tax on salaries less than 15,000/- (earlier applicable from Salary of Rs.5,000/- onwards). There are only two taxable slabs salaries between 15,001/- to 20,000/- PT Rs.150/- PM and salaries above Rs.20,000/- PT Rs.200/- PM.
· Companies not being registered under APVAT Act and having Turnover of less than Rs. 10.00 Lakhs do not attract any PT. (Earlier all Companies were taxed at Rs.2,500/-P.A.)
· Directors drawing remuneration from the Company (other than those nominated by the Government) are liable to pay PT of Rs.2,500/- p.a. (earlier all directors (other than those nominated by the Government) were liable to pay PT of Rs. 2,500/- p.a.
· A new category of exempted persons – mostly labour oriented works is added at Sl.No.39
· A new Category of taxable persons – Persons, other than those mentioned in any of the preceding entries, who are engaged in any profession, trade or calling or employment with annual income of more than Rs 1,80,000/- but excluding those who are exempted under Section 31 of the Act and Entry No. 39 above, is added at Sl. No. 40 taxing them @ 2,500/- P.A.