In a scenario when you want to go ahead and process the salary for an employee but hold the salary payout, the Hold Salary Payout feature comes handy. In such situations, the salary for the chosen employee is processed but the payment is held and details of the employee does not appear on the bank transfer statement involving the salary payment. However statutory deductions such as PF and PT, remain unaffected
Holding the salary payment for an employee comes as an advance option. You need to perform the following steps, to hold the salary payment for an employee:
- Go to the Payroll tab and then click the Advance link appearing at the bottom of the left menu.
- Navigate to Payout > Hold Salary Payout. The Hold Salary Payout - <Payroll month> page
- Click the Hold Salary Payout
- Search for the employee in the Employee field.
- In the Hold Reason field, choose the appropriate reason from the drop-down menu.
- Type Remarks, if any.
- Click Confirm.
To know more about "Hold salary payout for specific employees" click on the below link to watch our video