Follow the below path to hold the salary payout for an employee.
Holding the salary payment for an employee, comes as an advance option. You need to perform the following steps, to hold the salary payment for an employee:
- Go to the Payroll tab and then click the Advance link appearing at the bottom of the left menu.
Navigate to Payout > Hold Salary Payout. The Hold Salary Payout - <Payroll month> page appears.
- Click the Hold Salary Payout button appearing to the right side of the page. The Hold Salary Payout – <Payroll month> page appears with options to select an employee and continue with the process of holding the salary payment.
- Search for the employee in the Employee field.
- In the Hold Reason field, choose the appropriate reason from the drop-down menu.
- In the Remarks text box, type an appropriate note for holding the salary payment.
- Click Hold. The Hold Status dialog box appears asking you to confirm the process.
- Click Confirm. A message appears informing you that the salary payment for that employee is on hold. This employee then appears on the Hold Salary Payout - <Payroll month> page with details about the held salary payment.
Watch the below video to know more about how to hold the salary payout for an employee.