Follow the below path to view the Income-tax Income-tax details of an employee on greytHR
Login to the greytHR application
Payroll-Payroll input section - select Income Tax >> Select the employee using employee name or number.
This tab displays details of all exemptions such as education exemption, HRA and Other Exemptions. If the employee has declared his/her IT declaration in the ESS portal, and if it is considered by the Admin, exemptions with respect to the IT declaration are displayed here.
As an admin, you can modify the total or the monthly rent on behalf of the employee.
To do so:
- Enter the Total Rent Paid p.a.(per annum) and click the Recalculate button
- Click the Monthly Rent button.
- Enter the House Rent and click to copy the value to all the months.
- Similarly, you can change the HRA Percent for all the months.
- Click Save and click Recalculate to recalculate the income tax with the HRA declared.
It is recommended not to modify the Other Exemptions section.
Rent Proof Info
You can enter the rent proof details in this section.
- Check the box Is Proof Submitted.
- Click the Rent Proof Info button.
Enter the rent details as shown in the figure below and click Save.