According to the PF rules (as of 2004), all employees who draw a PF Basic of less than Rs. 15000 have to contribute to PF. This is mandatory. For employees having PF Basic more than Rs. 15000, the deduction/contribution will be on 15000. However in most companies, PF is applicable to all employees. There are exceptions (people who do not contribute) but these are few.
Articles in this section
- What is the new change regarding PF rate reduction and how greytHR has addressed this requirement?
- What is Employee Provident Fund (EPF)?
- How to generate reports related to PF or Provident Fund?
- How employees can view their PF Year-to-Date Statement?
- What is the link between PF and Income Tax?
- What are the various options for PF Form 10?
- What is PF Year?
- Does every employee contribute to PF?
- What is PF Basic or PF Gross?
- How to generate Form 6A?