ESIC gives you an option to continue with their membership even if their wage exceeds the new ceiling of Rs 21,000 per month.
Articles in this section
- What is an ESI Cycle or ESI change over period?
- What is Employees State Insurance (ESI)?
- Whether overtime earning to be considered for wage limit ?
- If the wages of an employee exceeds Rs. 21,000 in a month, can that employee be treated as not covered? Is the deduction of contribution from the employee’s wage, stopped?
- What happens when employee salary crosses Rs. 21,000?
- An employee was getting a salary of Rs.16,000 in the month of August 2016. Based on the older limit, that employee wasn't being covered under ESI then. How will that employee be benefitted with this revision? Will the revision have an effect on the employ
- What should we do, if later (i.e. after exercising the Revert to Rs.15,000 limit option, but before releasing the October 2016 Payroll), our management decides to go with the Rs. 21,000 limit?
- If we want to opt out from getting the wage limit change implemented right now (i.e. do not want to implement the change for October Payroll), what should we do?
- Based on this revision, what is the prescribed wage limit for an employee to be covered in the ESI Scheme?
- What is the revised ESI coverage limit?