You can apply for leave by submitting a leave application on your own. You can apply for the following leave requests:
- Restricted Holidays—optional holidays while the company has a normal working day
- Cancellation of Leave—cancel your approved leave application with a valid reason
- Leave Grants—compensation for the time you have worked on company holidays or weekends
To navigate to the Apply page, click the Actions menu on the Home page and select Apply from the drop-down list.
Figure 1: Navigating to Leave Page
Submitting Leave Application
Leave applications, are to be submitted before you take a leave. In case, you take an unplanned leave or sick leave, you need to apply for leave immediately after your return to work.
Perform the following steps to apply for leave:
- Click Leave under Leave tab on the Apply page.
Figure 2: Submitting Leave Application
- In the Leave Type field, type or select your leave type.
- In the From Date field, select the appropriate date from the calendar that appears and then select the relevant session from the From Session drop down.
In the To Date field, select the appropriate date from the calendar that appears and then select the relevant session from the To Session drop down.The Days field displays the number of days you have applied for leave. The Balance field displays the total number of leaves remaining in your leave account.
- In the Apply To field, type or select the name of your manager.
In the Reason field, type a reason for the leave.
- In the Contact Details box, type your contact information.
Attach a relevant file, if any.
In the CC To box, click Select and mark the employees to whom you want to notify about your leave and then click Add.
You can use the Category drop down to customize your search.
Click Apply to submit your leave application. The system sends an email notification to the approver and to the contacts whom you have marked a copy of the leave application.